Pediatric dentistry is related to the oral health of children starting from their infancy through to their teen years. Dentists that are trained in pediatric dentistry basically have to quality for experience in dealing with teeth, gums and mouth of a child throughout their childhood. Children basically start developing their teeth when they are around 6 months old and by the age of 6 or 7 they will start to lose their feet teeth. These will be replaced by permanent teeth and that is when they require proper dental care. If they are not given the proper dental care by pediatric dentists, then they can suffer from oral diseases and decay that will likely affect them for the rest of their lives.
That is why we at Brenham provide specialized pediatric dentistry to all children in order to ensure that they can overcome any dental complications in their childhood and have perfect dental care.
What Training do Pediatric Dentists Have?
All pediatric dentists have to complete the following in order to become qualified pediatric dentists:
- 4 years in dental school
- 2 years of residency training in the field of dentistry for all infants, children, teens and children who have special needs
What are the Treatments that are provided by Pediatric Dentists?
Pediatric dentists provide a whole host of comprehensive dental and oral health care, which includes the following treatments:
- Oral health exams for the infants. This will include risk assessments for caries in both mother and the child.
- Preventive dental care. It also include fluoride treatments, cleaning and diet and nutrition recommendations.
- Habit counseling
- Early treatment and assessment for correcting improper bite and teeth straightening.
- Repairing of tooth defects or cavities
- Diagnosing oral conditions that are related to diseases like congenital heart defect, hay fever, hyperactivity disorder, attention deficit disorder, asthma and diabetes.
- Care for dental injuries.
- Management of gum diseases and medical conditions like mucoceles, short frenulae, pediatric periodontal disease and ulcers.
Where Can You Find Pediatric Dentists?
If you are looking for pediatric dentists, then you can find them easily at Brenham, where we have the best pediatric dentists who are all qualified. You can generally find other pediatric dentists at medical centers, dental schools and private practices like Pediatric Dentists offer the Best Dental Care for Children.
It is important that you focus on providing your child with the best dental health care through pediatric dentists. It can be difficult to take your child to the dentists and even more difficult to get them to cooperate during a dental exam. A pediatric dentist specializes in dealing with children and therefore understands how to treat children in order to make them comfortable. They have got a wide range of treatment options and they have designed their office and the equipment in order to provide the best dental care for children.
If you are looking for a pediatric dentist for your child, then visit Brenham today.